The Solution For Lack of Motivation in Weight Loss


A man visited a farm to talk business with a farmer. As he stepped out of his car to walk towards the small house, he noticed a dog crying loudly on the farmer's front porch.

"What's wrong with your dog," the man asked. "He sounds like he's in a lot of pain."
"Oh, he's sitting on a nail," the farmer answered matter of factly.
"Well, why doesn't your dog just get up and walk away then," the man asked confused.
The farmer took a long look at his dog as if he had never thought of the question before. Turning to the young business man, he answered, "I guess he's just not in enough pain, yet."

Why are you sitting on that NAIL?

It's sad, but I think a lot of us get stuck in our situations as if the future is set and we have no choice in the matter. You'll see it in relationships, careers, and our health.

Someone recently reached out to me on my Facebook Page and let me know that he was suffering with a lack of motivation to improve his health. It got me thinking of what causes people to take action and move out of bad situations.

What I came up with is that there are two major reasons that get us to the point where we decide to pursue a better life: 1) To pursue pleasure or 2) To avoid pain.

The deeper I got into my thinking, the more I realized that both motivations were important to success and that both are needed to be able to continue. They work together, like dancing partners... except sometimes they switch taking the lead.

Overall, I believe it's healthier to lean on the "seeking pleasure" side because I don't believe anyone should be living their life out of fear... but not all fear is bad.

Fear can be a very practical way to avoid pain. It may be "avoiding pain" that gets you to start eating healthier and working out but, trust me, there will come a time where momentum will build and it will feel so good to be healthy that "seeking pleasure" will take over.

If you make a true life decision, you're perspective will change and then you will just need to maintain by feeding you mind with good information and motivation.

Zig Ziglar once said, "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Neither does bathing and that's why you do it daily."

Make sure to feed yourself with motivation daily, but don't shy away from making decisions to avoid pain. It doesn't matter how you start, just that you do. Eventually, the endorphins and good health will come and then things will be in balance again.

If you enjoyed this article, please visit my website (www.weightlosssurge.com) for Free tips, inspiration, and encouragement for weight loss and fitness.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_J_Balauat

Post a Comment

0 Comments